POLARIS 325cc Engine
ENGINE OIL LEVEL
To check the oil level:
1. Set machine on a level surface.
2. Start and run engine for 20-30 seconds. This will return
oil to its true level in the engine sump.
3. Stop engine, remove dipstick and wipe dry with a clean
4. Reinstall dipstick, screwing into place.
NOTE: The dipstick must be screwed completely in to en-
sure accurate measurement.
5. Remove dipstick and check to see that the oil level is in
Normal Oil Operating
Range is between Crosshatch.
the normal range. The oil should be between the top of
the bottom crosshatched area and the bottom of the
top crosshatched area. Add oil as indicated by the level
on the dipstick. Do not overfill.
NOTE: Do not fill the over the normal oil operating range.
Filling over the normal operating range could cause a mist
of oil to enter the air box.
NOTE: Rising oil level between checks in cool weather
Crosshatch Areas of Dipstick
driving, can indicate moisture collecting in the oil reservoir.
If the oil level is over the full mark, change the oil.
Recommended Engine Oil:
OIL AND FILTER CHANGE
Polaris Premium 4 All Season
1. Place vehicle on a level surface.
Synthetic, 0W-40 (Pn 2871281)
2. Clean area around drain plug at bottom of oil pan.
3. Run engine two to three minutes until warm. Stop
Ambient Temperature Range:
-40° F to 120° F
4. Place a drain pan beneath oil pan and remove drain
plug from under the crankcase. CAUTION: Oil may
be hot. Do not allow hot oil to come into contact with
skin as serious burns may result.
5. Allow oil to drain completely.
NOTE: It is not necessary to drain the oil from the oil cooler,
unless contaminants, water, or debris are found in the crank
6. Replace sealing washer
on drain plug. NOTE:
The sealing surfaces on drain plug and oil tank
should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
7. Reinstall drain plug and torque to 14ft. Ibs. (19 Mm).
Drain plug located under the engine.
8. The oil filter is located on the right side of the
machine. Place shop towels beneath oil filter. Using
an oil filter wrench, turn filter counterclockwise to
9. Using aclean dry cloth, clean filter sealing surface on
10. Lubricate O-ring on new filter with a film of engine oil.
Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition.
11. Install new filter and turn by hand until filter gasket
contacts the sealing surface, then turn and additional
NOTE: The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crank-
case should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or
12. Remove dipstick and fill tank with 2 quarts (1.9 I) of
Polaris Premium 4 Synthetic Oil (PN 2871281).
13. Place gear selector in neutral and set parking brake.
14. Start the engine and let it idle for one to two minutes.
Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
15. Re-check the oil level on the dipstick and add oil as
necessary to bring the level to the upper mark on the
16. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.
Engine Sump Drain Plug - Bottom View
Crankcase Drain Plug Torque:
14ft. Ibs. (19 Nm)
Oil Filter Torque:
Turn by hand until filter gasket
contacts sealing surface, then
turn an additional 1/2 turn
Oil Filter Wrench:
Precision Power Services