OIL AND FILTER SERVICE
recommended for use in the Predator. PS-4 was
specifically designed for the Predator's engine
and clutching system. Other oils do not contain
the needed additives to prolong engine life and
provide proper lubrication to the Predator clutch
and transmission components.
Place the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Clean the area around the oil tank (1) and
crankcase (2) drain plugs with clean shop
Hot oil can cause serious burns to skin.
Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
3. Run the engine for two to three minutes until
warm, then stop the engine.
Place a drain pan beneath the oil tank and
remove the drain plugs.
5. Allow the oil to drain completely.
Replace the sealing washer and reinstall the
plug. Torque to 14ft. Ibs. (19Nm). NOTE: The
sealing surfaces should be clean and free of
burrs, nicks, or scratches.
7. Place a drain pan beneath the crankcase and
remove the drain plug.
8. Allow oil to drain completely.
9. Replace the sealing washer and reinstall the plug.
Torque to 14ft.lbs. (19Nm)
10. Place shop towels beneath the oil filter.
11. Remove the three cover bolts and remove the
12. Pull out the oil filter. NOTE: A spring located
behind the filter may pop out as the filter is
removed. The spring must be reinstalled with the
13. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing
14. Replace the o-ring in the cover.
15. Lubricate the gasket on the new filter with a film of
fresh engine oil.
16. Reinstall the spring and install the new filter with
the open end facing outward.
17. Install the cover and torque the boltsto 72-78 in.
Ibs. (8-9 Nm). NOTE: The long bolt must be
placed in the forward hole.
18. Remove the dipstick and fill the oil tank with 2.25
quarts (1.9 I) of Polaris PS-4 Engine Oil (PN
19. Place gear selector in neutral and set parking
20. Start the engine and let it idle for one to two
minutes. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
21. Re-check the oil level on the dipstick and add oil
as necessary to bring the level to the upper mark
on the dipstick.
22. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.
Oil Change Kit
Precision Power Services